Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm a Visiting Artist

 I'm so excited that I have been asked to be a Visiting Artist for Gingersnaps Creations this month. Also, would you believe I'm  a Ginger Gem for the Snowpeople challenge as well.  What a great new year this has been so far
The theme for the Chestnut Theme for January is "Hot Beverages"  For my inspiration I made a card using stamps from Sweet and Sassy and Inkadinkadoo.  On the cup I did a little paper piecing.  To emphasize the coffee color, I used cardstock and pattern paper in various shades of brown with a little "cream" on top.  The mouse and cup are colored with Copics.  The scan doesn't show, but the little coffee drinker is in 3-D as his little head is peering over the cup.

With the cold and snow outside, I decided to give everyone a little warm humor.

6 comments:

  1. Too cute, great image for the GS Chestnut challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little mousy is too cute! Your sentiment is too fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card- congrats on being the visiting artist- how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that darling mouse! And the sentiment is prefect for a hot beverage! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your coffee card -- especially the very cute mouse. congratulations on being a visiting artist at GC! well-deserved. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute mouse card Vicki. Congratulations on being a Gingergem and a Visiting Artist, have fun. Annette x

    ReplyDelete