Sunday, April 15, 2012

Another Week for "From the Past"

Here we go with another week of challenges about the past.  We have had some wonderful entries so far and we hope to see more this week.  Here are some more pieces of inspiration from the Design Team.  These images from Altered Pages are wonderful, don't you think?  Drop by the site and check them out.  While you are  here on the blog, I would love for you to become a follower, if you are not already.
Vicki
My card starts with a tan card base.  On top is a piece of designer paper which has old cars on it even though they are hard to see.  On top of the mat of designer paper is a Cheery Lynn die,  Last layer is the Altered Pages image from the Petticoat Sheet.  Finally, I added as embellishment some paper flowers, two diecut sprays of leaves and a diecut butterfly.

I am also entering this card in Gingersnap Creations' "Last Century"

Sharon
This week I've used another image from the Altered Pages "Pretty Petticoats" collage sheet to make this more 'humourous' card to go with the great sentiment image from CS Designs. I thought this sentiment matched the image perfectly! I've sewn the patterned papers onto the card and used a die cut to make the flower and leaves embellishment.
                                              
Petra
The Queen of Hearts
Another wonderful image from this month's sponsor 'Altered Pages', Pretty Petticoats. She is definitely up to something with her playing cards (lol). The background is created with vintage playing cards from Two Peas in a Bucket, stamped on with Stampers Anonymous card stamp and distress inks. The edges of the little tag are lightly distress with ink. The sentiment is printed and the little crown my cutting.
Valerie
Hi, here is Valerie. I have made a tag which has been cut using TH's cabinet card die, stamped with a BG stamp in resist ink, and then coloured with vintage photo. The second layer is a script stamp (LaBlanche), stamped with the same colour, and then the image stamped on top of that, once again using the same ink. It appears to be a little darker because it has been clear embossed. I gave the lady a necklace of liquid pearls, and decorated the tag with some vintage lace, a narrow ribbon, and a flower made up of die-cut old paper from the 18th century with a prima flower sandwiched between. I fixed it together with a string knot. I finished it off with a metal word *spirit* 

Have a good week you all, and thanks for looking!
Michele
This lovely lady comes from the Altered Pages "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" images sheet. I've collaged her onto black card stock decorated with vintage advertisement decorative paper, tissue tape, a butterfly, a dragonfly and more. Vintage collage is great fun and the Altered Pages sheets give you lots of great vintage images to work with. There is still another week for you to join our challenge!
Jenn
Jenn made an ATC with one of the fabulous vintage images from the Pretty Petticoats Collage Sheet from Altered Pages. I added copper eyelets and a piece of text-imprinted ribbon

1 comment:

  1. I cannot see where to link to your challenge - so I'll post here xxx

    http://taylor-madecards.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/so-much-like-my-boy.html

    thanks

    ReplyDelete