Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Going Patriotic

I made a number of cards recently that were patriotic.  Here is one of them using an image from Just Some Lines. The image is actually made up of two digitals from JSL.  The digitals are Ester waving a flag and a fence.  I  printed the fence on a white oval that would fit inside the diecut.  Next I cut out the girl and placed her on the fence.  Coloring was done with Copic markers.  Then I placed the oval inside the diecut which is  a Cheery Lynn die carried by Classy Cards and Such.    The background is made from two pieces of patriotic-looking designer paper.  The greeting is by Stampin' Up.

The second card is very simple with no image, just paper and three shinny stars.  I separated the two pieces of paper with a trim also cut from a Cheery Lynn die.

4 comments:

  1. Super cards, Vicki, LOVE Ester Waving Flag - what a sweet image and you've colored her beautifully. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great! wow, the 4th is right around the corner isn't it?! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Patriotic cards- yours are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete