Sunday, July 15, 2012

Silver and Gold Sympathy Card

As leader of my card group at church, I make numerous sick and sympathy cards.  Here is a white card adorned with silver and gold.  I don't know why the scanner picked up some blue as it is heavy silver cardstock that a friend gave me.  It is a very bright silver.  The mat is gold cardstock on which I stamped a sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs.  On top of that I use a Cheery Lynn Designs die called Polynesian Sails. This was cut out of silver. In order to join the Classy Cards and Such I needed a handmade flower. I do not really have anything to make the pretty roses yet (that is on my Wish List) so I took the center of the Polynesian die and cut it down to size. Then I used a punch and made some petals out of gold. The center is a brad with a stone.  This is a flat flower and hopefully will not cost additional postage.

This card is for the Cheery Lynn Designs' challenge of Silver and Gold and for Classy Cards and Such's challenge CCNS #12 Handmade Flowers.

5 comments:

  1. Vicki, what a lovely card. Very pretty design. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really such a wonderful design and reason to make cards sweetie So glad you could share with us at
    Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Vicki, I love how you've created the backing for your flower using parts of the oval, very creative. Thanks for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so pretty! I'm sure the people from your church really appreciate the time and effort you put into making these cards. Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful card Vicki. My scanner will not scan silver properly either.

    ReplyDelete