Monday, September 2, 2013

Challenege #68 - "Be Inspired"



This challenge is a little different.  Below is a picture from Pinterest.  Let it inspire you.  Just use something that this picture inspires you to do.
bakery
Below are some examples that the Design Team created using the picture above to inspire.
Vicki
This card made a play on the circles on the image in the inspirational picture.  Also I used cardstock which was in my stash that was as close to the colors as possible .  The picture is elegant so I added a trim of lace and pearls.  The top doily is from Stampin' Up and the larger one is a Cheery Lynn Design die which my sponsor for this challenge, Classy Cards and Such carries.
 
Michele


The cake picture inspired me to think of a birthday party and so I decided to make a bookmark/tag featuring a vintage image of a child all dressed up for a party.  I picked up the pinks and shapes from the picture and included those elements in the designer papers I chose to frame this sweet little girl.  I also used tissue tape, vintage lace and other sweet goodies for my inspiration piece.
Petra
Vicki's image reminds me so much of lazy Sunday afternoons with some wonderful tea and cake. I could not resist to give this little birdie a chance to take part in the tea party. It is a digital collage using various image elements.


Krisha
The first thing I saw in the inspiration photo was the diamond background, and the colors.
I chose a diamond stencil and used pink embossing ink and powder for the background, then aged it with distressing ink.  The image is from Frantic Stamper that I have had for ions!  She was colored with pencil, then fussy cut. The sentiment is from Rogue Redhead Designs stamped with StazOn Timber ink.  I added my favorite brown ribbon and a hand made paper flower with a pearl center before adding it all to a cream card base.

Hazel
I was inspired by the cherries. The stamp is G-1286 by PSX, inked with memento tuxedo black and coloured with spectrum noirs. The background card and the strips of cherries are from Kanban. I used a Martha Stewart punch on some offcuts of red card and added a Craftworks cards sentiment circle. Everything was mounted on to a cream card blank and the front was cut away to reveal the red punched edge underneath.
Barb
I picked out the pinks that are in the inspiration picture and chose an image from Flourishes to use. I love the beauty of flowers and they are always an inspiration.



I am so pleased to have Classy Cards and Such as my sponsor for this challenge.  Beverly, the owner of this online store carries almost anything a crafter could use.  She carries stamps, dies, embellishments and bling.  Take a peek at her site and see if she has something you could use.  Also, she is always having something on sale.



2 comments:

  1. Ladies, your creations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've produced as your inspiration of the picture, Vicki - beautiful card - and the creations by the rest of the team are beautiful too. I'm so proud to be part of this team now. x

    ReplyDelete