Monday, November 18, 2013

Second Week for "Angel Wings"


We are beginning the second week of the challenge theme "Angel Wings".  Don't forget you can enter anything as long as there is a wing to be seen.  Also, don't forget that there are numerous types of wings.
Vicki
This tag was made with slick cardstock.  I embossed it and then colored with watercolors.  Surprisingly, it took the watercolors.  Afterwards, I used a Lunagirl  digital image and added a wing,  Finally I stenciled the word "Believe" in acrylic paint.  I had to wait for all coloring to dry before continuing.

Michele
Here is another card full of delightful angel wings.  I used a Judikins angel stamp and stamped it with the "depth of field" technique from Technique Junkies.  I added a dragonfly, a quote printed from my computer and some little flourishes.  One more week to bring your angels out to play!
 
Krisha
I die cut the 2 red and 2 white shapes, and glued the red ones together.  I wanted a little sparkle but not real glittery, so I used a tinseled red embossing powder.  I had stamped the images on the white before using the die, otherwise I would never get it centered...LOL  This ornament is double sided, so two images were colored with Prisma colored pencils then each side of the red die cut received an image.  The holly was also added to both sides, and that may be why it isn't hanging straight.  Oh well it's for my tree and I'll deal with it later.  I added some beads and a tiny red bell to the bottom.  I in the dangling mood this year......LOL

Barbara
For my second week I had this cute image already coloured in my "stash box" it is Tilda from Magnolia Stamps. I followed a sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy and used a couple of scraps of patterned paper. The background patterned paper is from a DCWV Asian stack pad. I then added 6 tiny mauve pearls and stickles to Tilda's wings.
The background paper is My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas, on to which I stamped the Tin Can Mail angels stamp inked with Adirondack currant, adding a forgotten flower and a few prima spacers.
A tag using a cute angel freebie from Michelle Perkett Studio, our generous sponsor.
I kept it simple with minimal colouring and adding glitter. Metallic pastels and large confetti carries the cream and gold theme through.
 
Petra
This adorable angel with its golden sparkle wings sits on a little doily and a tea-dyed and stamped tag. Final embellishments are some ribbons and little blings.



I am pleased to have Michelle Perkett as my sponsor for this challenge.  Please visit Michele's site and see all the beautiful images. 

To enter, click on the Current Challenge in my sidebar and you will go directly to the Inlinkz as I have posted a number of times since the challenge announcement.  Want to know what is coming up?  Look on my sidebar for the upcoming challenges.

1 comment: