Sunday, February 16, 2014

Challenge:#80 "Color Challenge-Black and White"

I am so pleased with all the entries I received from everyone for the past challenge.  I hope everyone enjoyed making projects with the Valentine / Love theme.  I thought I would do something a little different this time.

Let's do a "Color Challenge-Black and White"  I always have to do one of these each year as this is my favorite color combination.  I know what everyone will want to know....can it have any other color?  The answer is only if it is a touch of color.  However, we really would like to see only black and white.....you can do it!    The Design Team has made a few pieces for inspiration.
 
 Vicki
I used  one of my sponsor's images, Bugaboo's pig with ice cream cones.  I thought it would be perfect for a birthday card.  The actual card is on a black base and the white portion opens up.  The front was embossed with small dots and a border which was made with a punch was placed on the edge  The sentiment is hanging on the folded edge of the front of the card.  The image was put on a circle of white cardstock which was edged in ink so it would show up.  It is also on dimensional dots to make it pop up.  The sentiment was made with stickers.  When the card is opened the remainder of the image is revealed.
Michele
I love this elephant silhouette digital stamp from our sponsor Bugaboo, especially the rich patterning in the elephant which makes it an ideal centerpiece for the black and white challenge.  I used some complementary designer paper which is actually in dark grey and white placed it on black card stock, and finished the piece with the vintage monogram letter "E."  The end result feels like sort of a sophisticated children's alphabet card..
Petra
I love both black and white. The colours always look so fresh and sharp. For my card I used a digital stamp from this week's sponsor Bugaboo Digi Stamps. I combined he image with black card, a stamped background, ribbon and a couple of stamped butterflies.
Karla
Black and white are elegant colors in my opinion. They match perfectly. Since I like mixing patterns, I decided to use polka dot and stripes to create my card. The digital stamp you see is from our sponsor Bugaboo Digi Stamps. To add an extra flavour I use a black and white polka dot ribbon and a lovely flower.I was thinking about a saying for my card but I am going to leave that for your imagination.
 Hazel
The image is 'reindeer silhouette' by our sponsor, Bugaboo Stamps, matted on to black card. The background reindeer card is from an old Kanban kit. The card was finished off with a piece of stitched ribbon, some punched snowflakes and a rub on sentiment.
Barbara
Week 1 of the Challenge I used a Bugaboo image I had on hand, I coloured it with my bic marker and covered all the black with my black spica glitter pen. Cut with large circle spellbinder dies added the ribbon, flowers and black & white buttons.all from my stash. I put clear oval rhinestones for some bling. Black & White is one of my favourite things to do but I really struggled with this one,but I like the finished product.


http://www.bugaboostamps.com/
 
Bugaboo Digi Stamps is graciously sponsoring this challenge.  Please take a visit to the store and see what they have to offer. Their inventory is endless with such cute digitals for numerous themes.  The Design Team is really enjoying using some of their images this week.  For a quick trip to their site, just click on the banner

 

3 comments:

  1. Love the way you've made the card to reveal the rest of the image inside - I love it. In fact, I love all of the black and white cards by the rest off the team - monochrome rocks! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful team and contestant creations!!! I just became a follower of the blog and I hope to be entering even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the black-and-white -- may have to "borrow" that theme idea over at Lunagirl sometime!

    ReplyDelete