Sunday, July 27, 2014

More Cards for Men

We are on the second week of "Cards for Men".  Go to the short at the top of my sidebar and put in an entry. 
Vicki
I needed to make a number of cards quickly for some men who had been in the hospital.  This is what I came up with.  I made about ten in 45 minutes so I am ready to send them through the mail tomorrow.  The image and sentiment were from Sentimental Susan on the Stitchy Bear Outlet website.   I left the image uncolored as that takes time and I wanted  very plain cards for the men.
Karla
This card is very simple.All the papers used are card stocks. Since it is a card for man I decided to use hues of green and blue The sentiment is from Sentimental Susan on Stitchy Bear Outlet site - our sponsor and the image is an old painting by Harold Knight (1910). Have a magical week and keep on playing along with us!
Michele
For week two I've created a card featuring products from our sponsor Sentimental Susan at Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet and from Dezinaworld.  Parts of this card were created digitally.  I started with the vintage image from Dezinaworld and added the sentiment and stack of books on a white background, both from Sentimental Susan. i also added the monocle and compass (Dezinaworld) digitally.  After printing my little digital collage, I added it to cardstock covered with designer paper.  To that I added a fleur de lis brad by Alphastamps and the phrase "noteworthy" which I found in my stash.  All elements were distressed with "old paper" distress ink
2014_07_28
Leona
This is the second week in the For a man challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.   This great slogan comes from Sentimetal Susan and is available at Stitchy Bear Outlet.   I have team the digital sentiment with a Daisy Trail digikit called Swirling Memories.   I really love the effect of the lamp post shadow.

Very similar to the card I made for week 1, this time using Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet 'BSA silhouette' by Sentimental Susan, this time printing the sentiment at the same time as the bike, on to the print out from a google map.

Barbara
When I saw this image frlwom sentimental  Susan at the Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet I knew it would be my hubby's birthday card.  We both rode motorcycles for years and it was fun. I just left it as I printed it from the computer and cut it with my ovals and added some silver brads,. The sentiment is also from Sentimental Susan as is what is on the inside. Come on over to my blog to see what the inside says.

(Note from me, Vicki)  Please keep Barb in your prayers as she is going through some difficulties with her vision.  I think this card is beautiful and I miss her work when her vision keeps her from creating.


Thanks to Stitchy Bear Outlet for their sponsorship.  Go to the top of my sidebar for the shortcut to this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment