Monday, May 4, 2015

Second Week of Challenge

This is the second week of my challenge "Owls".  If you have a chance, join in on the fun  by going to the shortcut at the top of my sidebar to find the challenge announcement and enter.
Vicki
My card is made with one of the lovely images from my sponsor Sweet Pea Stamps.  The image was colored with Copic markers.  A diecut is added for embellishment.
Karla
Hello My Lovelies!Did I tell you I love owls? No? But I do! So for the second week of Owls I made a card using another lovely image called Mr and Mrs and designed by Theresa Sherman which was kindly supplied by our sponsor Sweet Peas Stamps. I colored it with watercolor pencils and layered it on a book page and then on a scrapbook paper. I also added some chipboard flowers and a sentiment.Keep playing along with us and have an inspiring week!
Hazel
For my card I used Concetta Kilmer's 'owl hearts' Sweet Pea digital image keeping the colouring to sepia tones, including a little distress sponging around the edges before tearing around a perspex oval template and using an offcut of brown card with a larger template to back the image. The background paper is actually from My Mind's Eye lost and found Christmas, but I think it can be used for occasions other than Christmas. This was wrapped in the centre by some lovely natural jute from Poundland, with  maroon offcut down the centre that matches the background, finishing with some lovely textured natural canvas and cork flowers, again from Poundland.
Barbara
For the second week of Owls I chose a digi from Sweet Pea Stamps named Olivia and Peter by Norma J. Burrell. I coloured the image with Coastal Cabana Blendablities from Stampin Up, copics and spica glitter pen. The patterned paper is from Printworks, I picked up at a dollar store. The cardstock is Burmuda Bay and Kraft.
Michele
For week two of the "owls" challenge at the I've made a tag featuring a lovely owl and woman image from artist Norma Burrell and provided by our challenge sponsor Sweet Pea Stamps.  I printed the digital image onto designer paper from Gecko Galz and then colored the image with colored pencils and outlined it in black pen.  I added washi tape, letter stickers, a flower, ribbon, etc.
Vee
Hello
For the second week of our Owls challenge I have chosen this lovely image by Theresa Sherman called Mr and Mrs. It is available from our sponsor, Sweet Pea Stamps. I decided to make something with a rustic feel. I coloured Teri's image with alcohol markers and pencils and made a wall plaque using an MDF blank from Joanna Sheen. It measures 11 inches x 5 inches so it is a good size and holes were pre-drilled. I used Mod Podge matt to cover it with Tim Holtz Paper Stash from the 12x12 pad. The wooden leaf embellishment is from Artemio and I coloured it with alcohol marker. The frayed fabric flower is from Funky Junkie (cut from a roll) and I added metal leaves by Creative Expressions. I cut the letters from grunge paper using Tim Holtz Block Talk XL Sizzix die and coloured them with gold laquer pen. I made the hanger part from hairy string (twine) and wooden, painted buttons.
All The Best,

 
 
A special thank you goes out to Sweet Pea Stamps for sponsoring this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Great colours for the image, love the flourish you added it just sets the image off beautifully Fab. job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Vicki; you have made her look classically Grecian. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete