Friday, September 4, 2015

Final Week of Challenges

The best-laid plans sometimes don't work.  I had company come in when I  usually write my post so this is late and I don't have my card created yet.  I will post my sample mid-week.
Don't forget the challenge theme.  It is "Remembering Summer".  This is my last challenge for a while.
 
This is a similar card to the one I made for week 1 of this challenge, once again using the lovely Miss Lily on the beach image kindly supplied by the challenge sponsor, Little Blue Button, coloured with chameleon pens. Papers and card used to create the background were  from various bits and pieces that have built up over the years, tearing to give the idea of the sea and beach with a torn piece of DCWV summer paper text across the middle and a piece of DCWV flip flops grosgrain ribbon with a few other bits and pieces. I made the bucket and spade look shiny by covering with glossy accents, although that doesn't show here.

Michele
Remember the movie "A League of their Own"? About the women's baseball leagues?  This freebie digital stamp from Little Blue Button reminded me of that movie.  Baseball is one of the joys and memories of summer for some. For this card I used background digital paper by Gecko Galz and colored the Little Blue Button digital stamp with colored pencils.  I created the sentiment in photoshop and added a flower, enamel dot and dragonfly sticker.  There is one last week to link up!  But there are still three weeks of summer left...  Enjoy them.
Barbara
For the second week of Remembering Summer I chose miss Lily at the beach, I fussy cut most of the image and cut the remainder with an oval classic die, the background was a piece of watercoloured paper left from another project, I think it's perfect.  Patterned paper is from the dollar stop in Simcoe as are the glittery buttons.
 
Karla
For the second week of Remembering Summer, I used a lovely image from freebie section of Little Blue Button. It was digitally colored and bordered. Then I just added some flowers. Hope you keep playing along with us!Have an inspiring week!
 

 
A special thank you goes to Little Blue Button Stamps for sponsoring this challenge and to all the great people who  have sponsored the 119 challenges I have had.  I could not have done it without their help.

 

3 comments:

  1. It has been a privilege and a delight to have been part of the DT for some time now and am sad to see the challenges ending, but want to thank you, Vicki, and my teamies for all the hard work that has gone into them and thanks too to the sponsors who have supported so well. And, once again, the crafting for this challenge is so inspirational. xx

    ReplyDelete